Internet banking has advanced into all aspect of human endeavor and the most easy way of carry out your banking transactions from your mobile phone is the use of USSD codes.
USSD codes makes it so easy to get things done within the shortest possible time. In fact, it takes me a maximum of two minutes to get any bank transaction done with my mobile phone using USSD codes.
So today I am going to be telling you about how to bank using USSD codes if you bank with the United Bank for Africa.
To bank using USSD code while using the the United Bank for Africa you will need the following things
- A mobile phone. Don’t worry, any mobike phone can do this and you don’t need mobile data
- You will also need the mobile number you used while opening your bank account.
Now after you got all those things ready, daily *919# and the banking menu would automatically opening up.
So assuming you want to purchase airtime, all you need to do is dial *919# and check the number of the option that says buy airtime for self (that is I you want to buy airtime for the number you used while opening the bank account) or buy airtime for others (this is used when you want to buy airtime for any other number other from the number you used to open your bank account).
After that you will be told to enter the amount and if you are buying airtime for others, the phone number would be requested for.
Please note that if you mistakely credit the wrong phone number, you would bear the loss and the bank or mobile network operator would have no consideration.
You can also use the USSD code banking system to perform the following transactions
- Transfer money from your bank account to a bank account of another bank
- Transfer money from your bank account to another bank account in the same bank
- Purchase a mobile data plan.
- Pay for your prepaid electricity bills
- Pay for your postpaid electricity bill
- Pay for your cable subscription
- Credit your sport betting or lottery account balance.
And that’s all, If you are finding any problem while using this service we strictly condemn you asking people around you as they could gain complete access to your bank account.
All you simply need to do is to visit a local branch of your bank and they will get things sorted out for you.